Pensions law continues to evolve rapidly – it is an increasingly complex area of law, and the costs and difficulties associated with pensions schemes continue to grow.
Hill Dickinson’s team of pensions experts are at the forefront of these developments. We are well placed to understand our clients’ needs and provide pragmatic, commercial solutions to meet our clients’ objectives.
Working closely with the employment, private client, corporate, commercial, tax and insurance teams, we can provide the complete pensions service.
Areas of pensions expertise:
- Negotiating with the Pensions Regulator on clearance-related matters
- Negotiating with the Pension Protection Fund in relation to restructuring matters
- Ongoing pensions legal and practical support for everyday management issues affecting schemes in the public and private sectors as well as those in the third sector such as voluntary organisations and charities
- Scheme funding
- Establishment and governance of pension schemes
- Pensions documentation and amendment
- Trustees’ duties and responsibilities
- Corporate advice (mergers and acquisitions)
- Mergers, discontinuance and wind-up
- Pensions dispute resolution and litigation of all types
- Practical pensions training
- Discrimination (sex and age)
- Pension scheme splitting/sectionalisation
- Auto-enrolment pensions
Our client base ranges from major, industry-wide schemes to small, self-administered directors’ schemes.