Hill Dickinson’s health team has extensive experience of advising NHS bodies on criminal law. We have particular expertise in police investigations into incidents of patients suffering injury or death in hospital.
Areas of expertise include:
- Liaising with the police, Health and Safety Executive or Environment Agency
- Access to samples and medical records
- Data protection and confidentiality
- Employment law obligations and witness support
- Representation at police interviews, including those conducted under caution
- Advice on investigations by various agencies
We also advise and give lectures to clients on the implications of the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 legislation.
These issues can often run alongside inquests and clinical negligence cases. We offer a seamless service which enables us to assess the ‘big picture’.