The health market is undergoing radical structural and cultural changes. New organisations - such as social enterprises – are getting involved. The environment is changing to one in which collaboration and competition exist in order to bring better services and improved patient outcomes.
This is all taking place against a background of policy encouraging open competition between NHS organisations and between the NHS and independent providers.
In addition, the autonomy of foundation trust status brings with it considerable and varied new commercial opportunities. This requires a strong focus on regulation, governance, property portfolio issues, funding, intellectual property opportunities and a whole range of procurement and contract matters.
Hill Dickinson’s experts can provide a wide range of advice, support and expertise. This allows the new NHS to make the most of the opportunities which present themselves and deliver world-class patient care and value.
We can provide advice on topics including:
- Public procurement/compliance
- Making the most of IP
- Infrastructure projects (e.g. ICT)
- Funding new projects
- Property portfolio management
- Income generation schemes
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Contracting with local Government
- Outsourcing, franchising and joint ventures
- Selling services to other trusts or the private sector
- Contracting with the private sector
- Competition rules