Hill Dickinson’s in-house counsel and advocacy unit is a significant addition to the firm’s range of services. It removes the need to instruct an external advocate, which can translate into both time and cost savings. Our focus is on delivering a quality service that is both flexible and tailored to clients’ specific requirements. Being cost-effective also helps to meet our clients’ commercial objectives.
The team provides all the services of the independent Bar, within the environment of a top 40 law firm.
Our services include:
- Rights of audience in all courts in England and Wales
- Representation on a national basis at a range of hearings, including inquests and local authority tribunals
- Full pleadings and advice service
- Small claims and fast track trials, disposal hearings, appeals, CRU appeals, inquests and disciplinary tribunals
- Full, professional clerking service delivered in-house for ease of use and time and cost efficiency
The team includes several in-house solicitor advocates (all Higher Courts), including members of the Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates, who are active in various areas of the law. We also have several non-practising barristers and lecturers in advanced litigation and advocacy.
As a growing team, we are actively recruiting for a head of in-house counsel and advocacy unit.