Hill Dickinson’s team of specialist employment lawyers provides expert counsel and advice to marine clients across the full spectrum of employment law issues. This advice often has an international dimension to it. We can provide this directly or source it as required.
We take a commercial approach to the services we provide. Our aim is to find a cost-effective solution that best suits the particular needs of each individual client.
Our employment law work for marine clients includes:
- Drafting and seeking approval for crew agreements
- Drafting executive service agreements, contracts of employment, policies, procedures and handbooks for land-based staff
- Immigration advice for employees of clients who will work in the UK (including obtaining work permits and visas)
- Advice on the operation of UK and European employment rights for crew and land- based staff
- Advice on the operation and interpretation of executive service agreements, contracts of employment and crew agreements.
- Advice on the operation of disciplinary and grievance procedures, and performance management procedures
- Advice on the employment aspects of business restructuring and reorganisations (including advice on the operation of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006, redundancy and dismissal)
- Conducting employment litigation in employment tribunals and the civil courts
- Advice on the employment aspects of business and company purchases
- Advice on trade unions, industrial relations and industrial action, including undertaking applications for injunctive relief and/or damages in cases of unlawful industrial action
- Advice on health and safety at work (including stress management issues)
- Meet the teamClick above