Our team of specialist lawyers provide effective, commercial advice on all matters relating to offshore disputes. We have been heavily involved in a number of high-profile energy / offshore cases. These have included the Sea Empress, Piper Alpha, P36, the recent Metro litigation and the administration of ENRON.
Our clients include oil majors, commodity houses, insurers and reinsurers. We also advise P&I Clubs, offshore contractors and owners of FPSOs, platforms, rigs and other offshore craft and installations. We are members of the Energy Institute and InterTanko.
The services we offer include:
- Major casualty and emergency response (including initial investigation work, taking evidence, handling the media and obtaining security)
- Dispute resolution in the energy/offshore sector (whether in one jurisdiction or multiple jurisdictions)
- Advice on offshore contractual and insurance arrangements
- Contingency planning
- Contracts for the sale, supply and carriage of oil and gas
- Refining and processing agreements
- Damage to rigs, FPSOs, oil terminals and other offshore craft and structures (including collision and wreck removal)
- Drilling and exploration contracts and joint ventures
- Construction, installation and refurbishment disputes (in relation to, inter alia, rigs, pump lines and well heads)
- Regulatory aspects of the sale of oil and gas and UN sanctions