Social housing providers operate in an ever changing world, having to constantly meet the demands of their tenants whilst operating in what is, currently, an increasingly uncertain financial and regulatory framework.
As legal advisers to an expanding portfolio of social housing clients Hill Dickinson’s dedicated social housing team advises on:
- banking/treasury services;
- corporate and commercial;
- governance and regulatory advice;
- grant funding;
- property acquisitions, disposals and subsequent residential property disputes; and
- property development
We deliver expert and timely advice in an economic and efficient manner in order to meet your financial, commercial and greater community and social needs.
We also have significant links with like-minded clients within the commercial sector so we are able to bring innovative and commercially driven solutions for the benefit of all.
Proven track record
- Acting for a number of social housing providers in relation to stock transfers
- Overseeing the purchase of a significant number of new-build residential properties from national house builders on behalf of social housing clients
- Advising and obtaining compulsory purchase orders for Pathfinder regeneration
- Providing on-going advice to a local social housing client in relation to the provision of a retirement village complex in a prominent and sensitive waterfront location
- Providing TUPE advice to a social housing client when one of its key contractors went into administration
“We recently found ourselves in a long running, intractable dispute with one of our contractors, which was, unfortunately, leading to a legal resolution. We engaged Hill Dickinson on our behalf and were truly impressed by their ‘down to earth’ practical guidance and expert advice which went a very long way to persuading our contractor that our interpretation of the contract was right and they were wrong which led to the dispute being settled to our advantage without recourse to legal proceedings.” Declan Hickey, Head of Asset Management, Muir Group Housing Association