Hill Dickinson’s lawyer-led claims management and litigation services provide an unrivalled and cost-efficient single-source solution to the retail sector.
In excess of £10 million each day is paid in settlement of claims. A significant proportion of this outlay is met by retailers.
Expense reduction, brand protection and understanding our client’s philosophy are integrated within our approach when agreeing strategies to handle claims from incident to conclusion.
We handle all aspects of the claims process. By eliminating multiple service providers, we are able to achieve optimum claims savings and excellence in service delivery.
As an integral part of your risk management programme, we will provide a 24/7 dedicated client service team which will:
- Reduce the cost of claims
- Achieve fast and fair settlement of valid claims
- Detect and defeat fraudulent claims
- Provide unrivalled expertise and sector knowledge
- Help analyse and predict new and emerging risks
- Offer innovative pricing and funding arrangements
- Provide bespoke management information and online case management systems
Our core activity is handling all types of employers’ liability, public liability, motor and product claims. We provide expertise in the following areas, which are of particular relevance to the retail sector:
- Catastrophic injury/fatalities
- False imprisonment
- Health and safety
- Property damage
Proven track record
As a market leader in this sector, we are proud to act for many of the UK’s foremost retailers. Examples of the results provided by our lawyer-led solution include:
- A reduction in average cost per claim for a leading multi-channel retailer by 20% over a two year period
- £3.2 million saved in legal costs for a high profile department store
- Increasingly successful claim denial rates from 32% to 48% by
advising a supermarket chain on legal risk reduction measures over
a period of five years