Event date : 2 October 2012
Event time : 10:00 - 16:00
Location : Liverpool
Hill Dickinson is delighted to host a four day course of comprehensive, interactive training for both NHS staff handling legal claims, and those involved in handling NHS complaints.
The course is made up of four one-day sessions. Delegates will gain a fundamental understanding of the legal process involved in handling NHS legal claims and complaints, general guidance on the NHSLA’s requirements, as well as advice as to how to undertake necessary investigations.
The course is limited to 25 delegates to maximise opportunities for discussion and to ensure delegates derive the full benefit from support with the various written exercises. This is a fantastic way to stay up-to-date on claims handling.
Topics covered will include:
- The English legal system
- Law of negligence
- Litigation procedure
- Pre-action protocols
- Disclosure of healthcare records
- Assessing case notes, obtaining clinicians’ comments, interviewing witnesses and instructing experts
- The NHSLA’s protocol and reporting to the NHSLA
- Inquests and the coroner’s court
The cost of the four day course is £1,500 plus VAT per delegate. This includes:
- All lectures and written materials
- Various working examples and source materials which can be used for future reference
- Refreshments and lunch on each of the course days
Early booking is recommended as places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.