Event date : 22 November 2012
Event time : 09:30 - 12:30
Location : Sheffield
A training seminar for NHS staff involved in employment disputes; it will consider the specific issues that effect the NHS. The seminar will also include practical examples of how to successfully compromise staff disputes arising out of disciplinary, grievance and other claims.
This complimentary seminar will ensure that you are up-to-date in this area, including:-
- Timing – when to attempt a resolution of dispute – pros and cons of settling or fighting and the implications for the employment relationship.
- Severance Payments – how to create an environment where the employee is receptive to settlement discussion.
- “Off the Record” Discussions – Can you? How should you? Proposed changes to the law.
- Treasury and other approvals – the pitfalls and putting a successful case together.
- Rules and regulations for VSMs and others
- Whistle-blowing and “gagging clauses” in NHS staff’ compromise agreements.
- Data protection, corporate governance and other internal regulations.
- The special position of medical and dental staff.
Learning will be undertaken via seminar and a case study.
Who should attend?
This session is best suited to NHS HR professionals and managers of all levels of expertise who handle disciplinary issues in the workplace. At this event you will also have the opportunity to discuss the issues affecting you with members of our NHS employment team and fellow NHS HR professionals.