The Hill Dickinson superyacht team is the acknowledged market leader in the provision of legal services to the superyacht industry. The team acts primarily on behalf of UHNW superyacht owners and asset financing banks, but also advises brokers, project managers, designers and other professionals involved in the construction, ownership, financing and operation of superyachts. The team is recognised worldwide for its first-class, pragmatic, customer-focused service, delivered by lawyers who are in tune with the yacht industry. Tony Allen, who heads the yacht practice, is credited by Chambers & Partners for “developing the dedicated yacht practice to the enviable position it holds today”.
With offices in London, Monaco, Greece, Singapore and Hong Kong, the yacht team is well placed to serve its international client base. The team also has the capacity to respond immediately to casualties and crisis management situations worldwide, with assistance from an international network of specialist maritime lawyers, marine surveyors, investigators and loss adjusters.
As well as being accomplished lawyers, the team benefits from the extensive sailing experience of its members, enabling them to offer practical insights as well as legal advice. The team is affiliated to Superyacht UK, the British Marine Federation, Professional Yachtsmen’s Association and other industry groupings. The team’s lawyers are frequently invited to participate at international conferences and on industry panels.
Our lawyers are contributors to the leading yachting publications, also to the seminal “The Law of Yachts and Yachting” and Sweet and Maxwell’s “Practical Lending and Security Precedents”.
Key areas of expertise:
- New build construction and refit contracts
- Sale and purchase contracts
- Construction and acquisition financing, re-financing and deferred consideration in sale and purchase
- UK and offshore ownership structuring and yacht registration
- Insurance: collision, salvage, marina liabilities, recoveries, policy disputes and drafting
- Commercial agreements (terms of business for designers and managers etc)
- Regulatory matters (Maritime Labour Convention, Passenger Yacht Code…)
- Manning, employment issues and crew contracts
- Agency and distribution agreements
- Charter and commercial disputes
- Meet the team Click above