We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Hill Dickinson LLP of No 1 St Paul's Square,Liverpool,L3 9SJ.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.hilldickinson.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
4. Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site (such as in the ‘Trainee Recruitment’ section), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell, buy or merge any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller, buyer or owner of such business or assets;
7. Links with other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third parties’ websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Your rights to access personal
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.