Health GDPR seminar
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will represent the biggest change in information law in nearly 20 years. With just under nine months until the GDPR comes into force, our London health team will be holding a seminar focused on the requirements of the new legislation and its relevance to the health and social care sector.
25 May 2018 may seem a long time away, but there is a lot of preparation to be done to ensure compliance from that date. Our seminar will ensure that staff have an overview of the key requirements of the GDPR and what actions are necessary to work towards compliance.
The seminar will cover:
- the new definitions on which the GDPR is based
- the new accountability principle
- the new conditions for lawfully processing data
- the new rights of data subjects
- the new obligations imposed on data controllers and data processors
- the new requirement for a data protection officer and their role
- remedies, liabilities and sanctions
Who should attend?
Individual employees or teams from health and social care organisations that want to learn more about what is required of them in order to comply with the GDPR.
We are currently rolling out tailored GDPR training packages for organisations in the health and social care sector. If you would prefer a tailored GDPR training package, delivered at a time and location convenient to you and focused on issues of particular importance to your organisation, please get in touch with David Hill or Kiran Bhogal.
|09:00||Registration and refreshments|
|11:20||Seminar followed by Q&A|