Transgender equality training
Join us for a complimentary half-day training session for NHS, charity and public sector professionals who wish to understand the legislation relating to gender reassignment and its impact on employment and service delivery.
Our employment team will be joined by barristers Nicola Newbegin and Robin White from Old Square Chambers to provide expert advice and practical guidance on these complex issues.
The training will cover:
The Equality Act 2010
- relevant rights in relation to gender reassignment
- impact on employment
- the rights of transgender service users
The Gender Recognition Act 2004
- additional rights conferred by this legislation
- the Gender Recognition Certificate – what you need to know
- impact on employment and service delivery in the NHS, charity and public sectors
The training will also address the Government’s recent announcement that there will be consultation this autumn about reviewing the legislation and why you may wish to respond.