With a prestigious portfolio of international clients, Hill Dickinson’s media, entertainment and sport team brings together some of the leading legal advisers in the sector.
Our track record shows we have a strong understanding of the sports and media environment and the dynamics between all stakeholders from the rights holders, sponsors, individuals and agents to associations and clubs.
Quality of service, discretion and an understanding of each client’s business and goals are critical to our success, allowing us to provide a bespoke and comprehensive service to all clients. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so that our media, entertainment and sport clients get the legal and commercial advice they need no matter where they are in the world.
Our aim is simple: to enable our sports and media clients to focus on what they do best. In order to achieve this aim, we have brought together a multidisciplinary expertise and experience in sport and media to look after all of our clients’ professional, business and personal legal needs.
Examples of legal expertise
- Litigation and resolution – high court litigation, injunctions, contractual disputes, phone hacking
- Rights management – sponsorship, image rights, terms and conditions, broadcasting, merchandising, endorsements, clearances
- Regulatory – player transfers, reviewing and drafting rules
- Disciplinary – anti-doping, tribunal proceedings
- Integrity – match fixing, inside information, education, risk assessments
- Governance – legislative frameworks, organisational structures
- Venue and event - ambush marketing, ticketing, hospitality, organiser liability
- Brand protection – trademark enforcement, domain name protection and recovery, new media
- Reputation management – protecting and managing reputations, stopping and shaping stories, defamation and privacy litigation, injunctions
- Employment – managing performance, restrictive covenants, contracts
- Private client – tax planning, wills and succession planning
- Corporate – acquisitions and disposals
- Criminal - match fixing, doping, police investigations